Global Hydrogen Pitch Competition
Apply to pitch your startup to Plug and Play at North America’s largest hydrogen convention
If you’re chosen as one of the successful applicants, you’ll benefit from the following:
- A platform to pitch your company to industry leaders, investors, and potential customers, as well as Matthew Claxon, Plug and Play’s Global Sustainability Partner.
- An opportunity to network with other innovators and industry leaders and experience some of the latest hydrogen technologies.
- The chance to win a spot in Plug and Play’s Alberta Fall Cohort 2023 and a spot to pitch at the Plug and Play Global Summit in June 2023.
Who should apply?
Startups in the following categories are eligible to apply: Hydrogen/Alternative Fuels, SaaS for Energy Industry, Water Tech, Waste to Value, Carbon Markets, Carbon Capture/Emissions Reduction, New Energy Solutions, Safety, Energy Storage hydrogen technology and Clean Energy.
What you need to know
- You must be an incorporated company to apply.
- Applications are being accepted from February 10 – March 24, 2023.
- After the March 10 close date, the Plug and Play team will select the top applicants to pitch their startup live on April 26, 2023, at the Canadian Hydrogen Convention.
- The winner will be awarded a spot to pitch in the Global Summit in June 2023. See the recap from the November Summit.
- If the winner of the live pitch is from Alberta they will also be awarded a spot in Plug and Plays Alberta’s Fall Cohort 2023.
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play Alberta is building a world-class innovation platform to attract top technology and investment to the region and support Albertan entrepreneurs to scale and grow, hire tech talent, and propel digital transformation across the province. Plug and Play is part of the Alberta Scaleup and Growth Accelerator Program that is run by a consortium led by Alberta Innovates. The consortium, which also includes Technology and Innovation, Edmonton Unlimited, the Opportunity Calgary Investment Fund, and Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan), allocated $35 million over three years to retain business accelerators. It’s part of the Alberta government’s goal to help create 20,000 jobs and increase technology firm revenue to $5 billion by 2030.
About the Canadian Hydrogen Convention
The Canadian Hydrogen Convention, North America’s largest hydrogen convention, takes place in the Edmonton region. The event brings together experts, researchers, government representatives, and industry leaders to exchange ideas, share best practices, and explore opportunities for collaboration. The convention provides a platform to discuss the challenges and opportunities for the growth of the hydrogen industry in Canada and to showcase the latest innovations in hydrogen production, storage, and transportation.