Purpose and Reporting Structure of the Role
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be working as part of our marketing and communication team in the day-to-day execution of our marketing plans and play a key role in attracting international investment to the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. Understanding and developing web environments, audience personas, building journey maps, and designing automation campaigns and segmentation strategies will be core activities of this role. We use Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot to ensure our activities are trackable and always improving. The ideal candidate has a strong mix of experience in the marketing functions of CRM, SEO and SEM, designing segmented campaigns, UX, and web design.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for continuously developing and improving email marketing campaigns, optimizing existing campaigns, campaign analysis, and report creation. The ideal candidate will have a strategic, analytical, and collaborative mindset with the ability to manage projects, bring people together, and inspire confidence in a digital approach to marketing.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to create marketing programs that support and account-based marketing approach.
- Own the segmentation, scheduling, and sending of investor-focused email, mobile, and web campaigns.
- Provide expertise in marketing automation processes and campaign management including planning, execution, testing and reporting for marketing automation campaigns (including inbound, lead nurturing, lead scoring and lead management).
- Partner with colleagues to drive the strategic adoption of Salesforce and Pardot and successfully manage the day-to-day technical development of data integration, strategic data extracts, and email automation.
- In partnership with our research and market intelligence team, oversee email database integrity, hygiene, and growth.
- Assist in development of responsive, best-in-class, and segmented email templates.
- Aid in managing email deliverability, subscription management, and compliance with policy on opt-in/out.
- Oversee new data and advise on data use for targeting, personalization, configuration, strategy, and reporting.
- Analyze data from analytics and assist in implementation improvements.
- Identify areas of improvement and make actionable recommendations to increase operational efficiencies and internal user adoption.
- Develop documentation of current processes and future enhancements.
- Build and maintain working relationships with business development, research and market intelligence, strategy and innovation, the region’s economic development network, and vendors.
- Provide reporting and analysis on program performance data and funnel attribution.
- Monitoring and continually improving campaigns (iteration, A/B testing, etc.).
- Stay abreast of current marketing automation trends, best practices, and strategies.
- Collaborate on enriching the content, experience, and performance of Edmonton Global’s web presence.
- Support the activities of Edmonton Global as required within a team-based culture.
The successful candidate will be an adaptive and dynamic individual comfortable working in a fast-paced organization and embody Edmonton Global’s core values: integrity, collaborative, empowered, transformative, and invested.
The following skills, experiences and aptitudes will also be required.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field is preferred.
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Strong experience in Salesforce/Pardot would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Motivated self-starter with optimistic outlook that can collaborate and work effectively in a close team dynamic focused on supporting multiple teams.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have ability to multi-task in a demanding/quick turn environment.
- Requires hands on strategic execution.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- Creative problem solver and who can effectively collaborate with a range of stakeholders to successfully accomplish goals.
- Proficiency in languages beyond English would be an asset.
- Knowledge of web traffic management tools (Google analytics, Google ads).
- Analytic mindset for targeting the appropriate population and understanding their behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience with a CRM and web automation tool is essential (Salesforce, Pardot, Marketing Cloud, Tableau, etc.).
- Innovative, creative and results driven.
Requirements of the Position
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
- A valid passport as travel regionally, nationally and internationally may be required.
Will be competitive and based on skills and experience.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Application: Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line, with your cover letter and resume attached by Friday, December 11.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have questions about the process or the position, please contact our Office Manager at email@example.com.
Edmonton Global is an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of people and communities. We are committed to an environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodations.