Edmonton Global Webinar – Pharmaceutical Innovation and Production Opportunities in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region
On July 21, 2020 at 8:00h(MDT – Edmonton) / 16:00 (CEDT) Edmonton Global will be hosting a webinar on the unique opportunities that exist for scalable pharmaceutical innovation and production in the Edmonton region.
This virtual event will offer an opportunity for potential investors and companies to hear from organizations who are currently operating in this sector in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region in research, the supply chain network and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
It will also provide participants with a chance to participate in an interactive roundtable discussion and Q & A session with our panelists around these topics.
- Greg Klak, Vice President of Operations and General Manager, Gilead (Alberta site)
- Andrew MacIsaac, CEO, Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation
- Michael Overduin, Professor & Researcher, University of Alberta, Co-founder & Co-director, DiscoveryLab
- Michelle Gartland, Counsellor (Commercial) & Senior Trade Commissioner, Belgium & Luxembourg, Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Sameena Qureshi, Counsellor (Commercial), Senior Trade Commissioner, Netherlands, Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Stefan Scherer, Senior Business Development Manager, Edmonton Global
Topics to be covered
- The Canadian Trade Commission Service & Canada as a gateway into North America
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) benefits for the Pharmaceutical Sector
- Overview of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region
- Connectivity – Edmonton International Airport capabilities
- Talent pool
- Tax incentives
- Research & commercialization
- Supply chain resources
- Advantages of establishing in the Edmonton region – one company’s experience
How to participate
Once you’ve registered, information will be sent to you prior to the event with a link that will direct you to the Zoom meeting.
Please note that for optimal functionality we recommend joining the meeting on a desktop or laptop computer.
If you are joining from a tablet or mobile phone, you will need to download the Zoom app and may need to swipe back and forth between the presentation and other functions.
Check out our Life Sciences page to learn more.