Hiring: Marketing and Communications Strategist
Edmonton Global is seeking a marketing and communications strategist to help develop and execute its digital marketing strategy, regional communications, and social media presence.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Strategist will be involved in all aspects of promoting and protecting Edmonton Global’s reputation by assisting in the development and execution of strategies and plans for brand building/innovation/corporate promotions, regional and corporate communication initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Persona Development – collaborate in developing personas to aid the investment and trade team, the innovation and strategy team, and Edmonton Global as a whole in understanding target audiences and targeted marketing and communications
- Journey Mapping – develop and maintain journey maps for personas to help direct the flow and priorities of marketing and communications activities
- Web content and SEO – develop content for Edmonton Global’s website and social channels that support SEO goals
- Social media – collaborate in developing and implementing Edmonton Global ‘s social media strategy
- Email marketing – collaborate in developing and implementing an email marketing and segmentation strategy for Edmonton Global
- Media development – support the development of multiple forms of media (photography, video, maps, etc.) for use across platforms including collaboration with partners on content creation and usage
- Events – participate in the creation of events and activities that advance Edmonton Global’s brand awareness and engagement
- Project management – coordinate the design and production of materials for Edmonton Global, which may include brochures, displays, one-pagers, info graphics, and swag
- Metrics and reporting – track and prepare reports on Edmonton Global’s marketing and communications KPIs
- General – participate in the activities of Edmonton Global (we’re a small shop and everyone chips in)
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. Activities will be added or removed dependant on priorities, capacity, and the incumbent’s interests.
The successful candidate will be adaptive, fast-paced, incredibly passionate, hardworking and embody Edmonton Global’s corporate values: integrity, collaborative, empowered, transformative, and invested. The following skills, experiences and aptitudes will also be required.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma, ideally with a focus on marketing, public relations, or business
- Minimum 2 years of related experience creating or executing marketing and communications plans
- Experience with developing or executing both inbound and outbound digital marketing strategies including social media, content marketing, and audience segmentation
- Experience with graphic design is considered an asset
- Proven analytical and critical thinker, comfortable with finding innovative solutions to problems
- Proven track record of collaboration on initiatives, hitting goals, succeeding in a high performing team environment and delivering to tight deadlines
- Experience working with stakeholders within the international/economic development sector an asset
- Experience working with or coordinating contractors and freelance content creators
- Fluency in languages beyond English is highly desired
Skills & Knowledge
- A highly adaptive and dynamic individual comfortable working in a start-up organization, willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to execute Edmonton Global’s Strategic Plan and mission
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, consultants and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and analyse reports, and convert into action
- Ability to be innovative and imaginative in solving problems
- Ability to communicate clearly in face to face meetings and build consensus
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Experience working within the Adobe Creative Suite of products and WordPress is highly desired
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Results driven
- Flexibility/adaptability to change
- Travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- ifting or moving up to 20 lbs may be required.
- Normal hours will be 8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday, however, support for events, investor visits, and other initiatives will require occasional evening and weekend hours
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Application: Marketing and Communications Strategist” in the subject line, with your cover letter and resume attached by January 24, 2020.
In your cover letter, show us: 1) your personality – we want to know you’re not a robot (and if you are a robot, why you’re a special robot!); and 2) why you’re the right fit for Edmonton Global and this position at this time. We want to know your experience and specific track record that makes you the right person for us.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have questions about the process or the position, please filter them through Amanda Borman at email@example.com.
Edmonton Global is an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of people and communities. We are committed to an environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
Edmonton Global provides a total compensation package including fixed annual salary and professional development, paid vacation, , shared premium health benefits, and RRSP matching contributions. The starting salary for this fulltime position is expected to be in the range of $40,000 to $45,000.