Investment Opportunity – Plant Protein Fractionation
June 8 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am MDT
Exploring the Edmonton region’s competitiveness
This webinar will outline the opportunities that exist for investment in pulse protein fractionation in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
Edmonton Global has recently commissioned the development of a business case by EY outlining the Edmonton region’s competitiveness in this sector including an evaluation of the anticipated benefit, cost and risk of the opportunity. This webinar will provide an overview of the analysis.
Globally, plant-based protein is one of the single fastest-growing food and agri-food sub-sectors. In 2019, the retail market for plant-based protein in the United States grew by 31%, to a total of $6 billion. Historically, soybeans were the top protein source, but innovations have made pulse-derived protein (peas, beans, lentils) much more popular and palatable. This trend is anticipated to continue. By 2022, the global demand for plant-based protein is anticipated to reach $14.2bn.
WHAT ATTENDEES CAN EXPECT TO LEARN
- Strategic context – An industry perspective on how the Edmonton region compares to other jurisdictions in regard to competitiveness for this sub-sector and our unique value proposition including:
- Logistics and access to market
- Talent & research expertise
- Existing infrastructure
- Economic analysis
- The anticipated return on investment
- Projected cost savings in the Edmonton region relative to other jurisdictions
- Financial case – Identification and analysis of key business costs including:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Investors interested in plant protein fractionation and want to learn about the competitive analysis of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.