- This event has passed.
THE CALIFORNIA MARKET FOR HYDROGEN – UNDERSTANDING INTERNATIONAL DEMAND FOR ALBERTA HYDROGEN EXPORTS
March 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm MDT
Want to learn more about the role hydrogen can play for the economy of Edmonton Metropolitan Region?
Join us for this online workshop that will explore the potential market in California for Alberta hydrogen exports
This workshop is the 2nd in a series of 4 workshops that will explore the markets in:
- South Korea
Who is this workshop for?
- Canadian companies exploring hydrogen production, transport, and use
- Officials and stakeholders from market regions
- Western Canada Hydrogen Hub Leadership, academics, and technical experts
- Senior Federal and Provincial government representatives interested in the export industry and jobs, climate change, and environment in Western Canada
- Indigenous representatives
What you can expect to learn
This series will provide insight into:
- Where the demand markets are
- What the expectations are
- Next steps to positioning Canada as a top-three global supplier of hydrogen to international markets.
Stakeholders from key export markets will share their perspectives on:
- Hydrogen demand profile (domestic production, imports)
- Sector Applications and Trends
- Hydrogen form (e.g. NH3/ LH2 / Other)
- Production Expectations (e.g. GHG intensity measurement)
- Cost Expectations
- Commitment Period
- A deeper understanding of export market needs and expectations
- General understanding of the high-level supply chain requirements
|5 min||TBC||Welcome and introductions|
|12 mins||Gia Vacin, Governor’s Office (GOBIZ team), State of California||Stakeholder presentation|
|12 mins||William (Bill) Zobel, Executive Director, California Hydrogen Business Council||Stakeholder presentation|
|12 mins||Jean Baronas, Supervisor, Hydrogen Unit, California Energy Commission||Stakeholder presentation|
|45 mins||Panel format||Moderated Q&A|
|4 min||Brent Lakeman, Director, Hydrogen Initiative, Edmonton Global||Closing remarks|
Gia Vacin, Assistant Deputy Director, Zero-emission Vehicle Market Development, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (Go-Biz)
Gia Brazil Vacin serves as the Assistant Deputy Director, Zero-emission Vehicle (ZEV) Market Development at the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz). She focuses on accelerating the ZEV market in pursuit of California’s goal of 100% ZEVs by 2035 for light-duty and 2045 for heavy-duty vehicles by coordinating state efforts, collaborating with public and private partners, tracking and expediting ZEV infrastructure in CA, and identifying opportunities for additional business engagement and growth. Prior to her role at GO-Biz, Gia was an environmental management and strategy consultant for more than 15 years and worked with more than 70 clients across sectors to help mission-driven organizations expand their impact. Gia holds a Master of Environmental Science and Management from the Bren School at the University of California, Santa Barbara and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Biology and Environmental Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Bill Zobel, Executive Director, California Hydrogen Business Council