Business Advisor, Investment Attraction & Trade
Edmonton Global, the first fully regional economic development company for the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, is the result of the successful collaboration of 15 diverse municipal shareholders. Created in June 2017, Edmonton Global will link Edmonton Metro to the world, promoting the region globally and attracting new business investment to the region.
Edmonton Metro is the second fastest-growing region in Canada. Home to 1.3 million people and 725,000 jobs, it has one of the country’s strongest and youngest labour markets. Edmonton Global will work to ensure the region remains a key player in the evolving national and international narrative about economic development regionally, provincially, nationally, and globally.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced business development professional to contribute to the development and success of Edmonton Metro’s new economic development company, and the region it represents.
As one of Edmonton Global’s first employees, the Business Advisor, Investment Attraction & Trade will ensure continuity and collaboration as the region transitions to the new, regionally-focused entity. Initially reporting to the CEO, the Business Advisor will establish relationships with companies looking to expand or initiate operations in Edmonton Metro, and facilitate their successful entry into the region.
- Identify and develop domestic and international opportunities to create new investment in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
- Ensure a smooth transition of experience, knowledge and business opportunities from other regional organizations within the first year.
- Work in collaboration with regional partners to ensure business development continuity.
- Coordinate the region’s efforts with internal and external partners in order to successfully attract investments in the range of $10-$200M.
- Work in collaboration with internal partners to refine the organization’s scope and focus, maintaining consistency through the period of transition to the regional economic development company.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the diverse strengths of all municipalities within Edmonton Metro.
- Cultivate strong relationships in key business sectors in order to act as a trusted partner to businesses interested in expanding or locating in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced professional with a strong track record of identifying, developing, and securing investment opportunities that have expanded and diversified local or regional economies.
Highly results-focused, pragmatic, and self-motivated, you have an impeccable reputation for ethics and professionalism. A natural relationship builder and collaborator, you are able to connect with internal and external partners in order to devise creative solutions in a rapidly-changing environment.
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ career experience in investment attraction.
- An existing network of business and industry leaders, and other investment decision makers and influencers.
- Proven analytical, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to achieve results through others.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively and work with diverse teams and clients.
- A strong orientation towards tangible results.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
Although we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.